You're an ORCA Grant recipient, now what?
1. Prepare to Pick-up Your Check
Prior to picking up your check you must complete several steps:
• Write a thank you letter addressed to your donor
Donor's name is listed in your award email
View sample thank you letter
Thank you letter template
• Print and sign a copy of tax form
|US students||Download W-9 form||View sample W-9 form|
|International students||Download W-8 form||View sample W-8 form|
• Obtain approval from the appropriate committee if research involves human/animals subjects or hazardous material
The IRB offers mandatory workshops to help ORCA grant recipients complete their IRB application. More information...
2. Pick-up Your Check
Checks will be available February 24
Pick-up at the ORCA Office located at
A-285 ASB (M-F 8am-5pm).
When you come to pick-up your check you should have in your hand:
• a thank you letter to your donor
• a copy of your signed W-8 or W-9
• your BYU Student ID card (for identification purposes)
If you need IRB or IACUC approval, please be ready to provide the protocol number.
3. Complete Your Project
Work closely with your faculty mentor to complete your research project in a timely manner.
4. Submit Your Final Report
After you have completed your research project we require all ORCA grant recipients to submit a two page report of his or her research.
For more information see Final Report Guidelines and Dates & Deadlines.