- Students must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate degree-seeking student during the semester the grants are awarded (i.e. Winter 2020 semester)
- Students must have at least two semesters before graduating; this includes the semester during which you apply for the grant. Students graduating in April 2020 are eligible to apply. December 2019 graduates are not eligible.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- The faculty mentor must be a Brigham Young University professor, associate professor, or assistant professor. Adjunct faculty, Ph.D. candidates, graduate students and others are not eligible to serve as a Faculty Mentor.
- ORCA Grants are not retroactive. Projects that have been completed before the Proposal is submitted are not eligible.
- Students may only apply once per year. They may either apply as the main researcher or as a co-researcher on a project but they cannot be listed as a main researcher and co-researcher at the same time or be listed as a co-researcher on multiple proposals. Duplicate instances of a student will be removed.
Sophomores and juniors are especially encouraged to apply.
All ORCA recipients are required to:
- Write a thank-you letter to his or her donor
- Meet with his or her mentor frequently
- Complete his or her proposed project in a timely manner (projects are funded in February and the projects should be completed by December)
- Submit a two-page final report to ORCA upon completion of the project. see Final Report Guidelines and Dates & Deadlines