Final reports are due two years after awards are distributed. (Ex: Final reports for Fall 2014 applicants,
who received their awards January 2015, are due in December 2016.)
Faculty with overdue final reports may not receive a new MEG Grant until their final report has been submitted.
The report may include materials proposed for publication in a journal or to a sponsoring agency.
It may be as brief as two pages but must cover the following:
- Evaluation of how well the academic objectives of the proposal were met
- Evaluation of the mentoring environment
- List of students who participated and what academic deliverables they have produced or it is anticipated they will produce
- Description of the results/findings of the project
- Description of how the budget was spent
Final reports are submitted via the ORCA/MEG system. Follow the steps below to submit it:
- Go to https://orca.byu.edu
- Sign in with your BYU NetID and password
- Click on the "View your Previous Proposals" link
- In the table, find the proposal you are submitting a final report for and click the "Submit Final Report" link in the Final Report column
We also recommend that you submit a copy to your department chair and college for their records.
All MEG Grant final reports are published in the Journal of Undergraduate Research, which is available at http://jur.byu.edu/. Please notify us if your report contains proprietary information or if the report needs to be embargoed pending publication.